Mera Peak Climbing fixed departure
Mera Peak Climbing ( 6,476m.) Mera peak is considered one of the major and popular trekking peaks in Nepal. The Peak itself rises to the south of Everest. The ascent of the peak is technically straightforward, however, the heavy snow and the maze of crevasses can make the way longer to the summit. Besides the charming of climbing Mera Peak, the trek to its base camp from Lukla is rewarding for experiencing little-visited and yet un spoilt region of Nepal with densely forested hill sides. Mera Peak trek and climbing servers a gate way for high altitude trekking to go over Amphulaptcha Pass or Mingbo La and also for climbing on Baruntse, Chamlang and other Himalayas climbing.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu Transfer to Hotel
Day 02 : Guided tour of the city sights and scenes of Kathmandu
Day 03 : Kathmandu - Lukla by flight. Camp at Lukla.
Day 04 : Commence the trek to Mera peak. We ascend slowly for 3 hours and steep up for one hour and arrive Thukdingma for the camping. The views of Numbur (6957m), Karyolung (6511m), Kwangde (6011m ) are magnificient from here.
Day 05 : Today is an easy walk all day passing through the jungle and grassland for Yaks during the summer. We arrive Tsetre for camping.
Day 06 : We ascend slowly passing through the jungle. We find virtually, no human settlement on the trail. We arrive Thaksingdingma (3,500m) for Camping.
Day 07 : We walk all day through the side of the mountain and the trail is narrow. The patches of the jungle on the trail become thinner as we ascend near the snow line. We camp at Thagnak.
Day 08 : Rest day in Thagnak. It is worth spending an extra day at Thagnak, which is in a superb setting surrounded by stunning peaks including Peak 43 (6,769m). There is a huge moraine in the north of Thagnak where a beautiful glacial lake, Sabai Tsho is dammed. It is worth exploring around for acclimatization purpose. Thagnak is also a base for climbing east and north-east side of Kushum Kanguru.
Day 09 : We follow the lateral moraine of Dig Glacier to Dig Khraka which offers the spectacular views of Charpate Himal. The trail climbs through moraines and to the snout ot the Hinku Nup and Shar Glaciers and then climbs more steeply to Khare (5,099m).
Day 10 : We ascend for three hours and arrive at Mera La (5,415m). Normally, the pass will be covered with snow from Nov.- April. Again the views from the pass is spectacular. We descend about 100m towards the Hongu side and set up the base camp (5,300m) in the moraine below the ice.
Day 11 : Rest day for acclimatization. You can explore around or climb up for a few hours and come back to the Base Camp for the night.
Day 12 : We walk up for 4 hours and set up the high camp and make preparation for the next day to get to the summit.
Day 13-15 : Mera Peak climbing we go to the summit and the views of Pumori (7161m), Lhotse (8516m) Makalu (8463m), Lobuche (6145m), Cho Oyu (8201m) are spectacular from the summit. We retrace to Base Camp.Mera Peak Base Camp - Lukla.
Day 16-19 : Trek to Pangboche via Mingbo La (5815m/19073ft
Day 20 : Trek to Namche
Day 21 : Trek to Lukla
Day 22 : Fly to Katmandu transfer to Hotel
Day 23 : Departure to the airport for your next destination.
Cost Inclusions in Tea House & Tented Camp
- Airport transfers, welcome upon arrival and departure after completion of trips.
- Welcome dinner classic Nepali cousin place and farewell dinner
- Comfortable, private transportation as per itinerary
- Quality accommodation on lodge or tent as per itinerary
- 4 Star accommodations in Kathmandu with B/B Plan
- Western standard down jacket and sleeping bag for trek
- All meals and hot drinks on activity
- 1 government license Holder Trekking guide English Speaking as per itinerary
- One porter, each two member as per itinerary
- Trekking /climbing equipment for porters and guides
- Experienced and friendly trekking staffs
- Staffs insurance, well paid salary
- All permits such as National park, Trekking Permit, as per itinerary
- Rescue Arrangements off course not the rescue bills please!
- All necessary camping gear such as High quality tents, mattress, kitchen equipments, dinning table & chair etc
- Medical Kit Bag on every trip
Cost Exclusions in Tea House Trek
- International airfare to/from home city and international Airport departure taxes
- Domestic flights & domestic airport taxes as per itinerary
- Excess baggage charges
- Food and Accommodation while you are off the trip.
- Sightseeing and entrance fees Temple & monastery as per itinerary
- Climbing permits as per itinerary & Royalty for restricted area.
- Nepal entry visa costs (~$30.00) and visa extension fees (three days transit visa you will get free upon arrival)
- Travel, trek and expedition medical and evacuation insurance
- Emergency evacuation charges, if required
- Personal expenses (e.g. phone calls, laundry, alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, souvenirs, etc.)
- 13% VAT and 10% TSC Taxes
- Tips must be required for the staffs because this is the sign of the guest happiness at the end of the trip. It has been establish a custom say "Baksis" (collect between all the participants and reward each staffs through your hand directly)
- Any loss due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, road blockage due to landslide, etc the over come expenses need to take care trekkers themselves.
Items you should have for Normal treks
- Good walking boots- well broken in. Remember it is not a day walk
- A rucksack and a day bag
- Sun hat and sun block - very important to protect against sunburn, Sunglasses.
- Scarf and gloves - it can get very cold out of the sun.
- Iodine or purification tablets - for purifying water (bottled water is expensive and bad for the environment).
- Map and compass.
- Basic first aid kit - including headache tablets.
- Camera with sufficient film. Sleeping bag & jacket.
Above given is sample itinerary and are subject to change to suit your schedule. If you do not want all the activities listed in the package, we are always flexible to provide you the personalized package as per your schedule requirement.
Given prices will remain valid till 2016/2017 All itineraries as well as price are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation of this trip with us.
Individual booking is accepted.
Please consider that personal equipment is not included in given price.
Till today nothing latest update available for this trip
Trip Cost: $ 1999
Fixed Departure Date 2016/2017 Feb: 4th 14th 19th 21st 27th March: 2nd 8th 11th 17th 24th April: 3rd 9th 18th 25th May: 3rd 6th 12th 18th 22nd Sept: 3rd 5th 9th 15th 17th 24th 28th Oct:3rd 7th 12th 18th 17th 24th 28th
Nov: 4th 9th 20th 28th Dec: 5th 9th 15th and 21st
This trip is possible to tailor made holiday Click for Tailor made Holiday