Langtang Valley Fixed Departure Trekking
Langtang Valley Fixed Departure Trekking A nice trek through the Langtang National Park to Kyangin and cross over the beautiful Ganja La Pass. Visit and experience Sherpa & Tamang villages after go by. Explore the upper reaches of the scintillating Langtang Valley. To cross from Langtang into Helambu, via the Ganja La pass, is serious undertaking requiring good equipment. For three to four days there are no tea house facilities so we have to be fully sufficient. From the pass the views across the valley to the peaks of the Langtang Himal are particularly good. In the distance you can see Shishapangma, the only 800 meters peak entirely in China (Tibet). After crossing the pass we reach to Tarkeghayang (largest settlements of Tamang in Helambu) The trek passes through some beautiful forests and very interesting villages on route. As the journey progresses you visit the homes of Brahmins, Tamangs and Sherpa people of Nepal. This place has scenic grandeur and pleasant climate as well as a long history of Buddhism, culture and ancient tradition of Tamang and Sherpas.
Itinerary 14/18 days
(Note : Itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday )
Day 1 : Arrival In kathmandu
This is the first welcoming day that we meet upon arrival at the Kathmandu International Airport and transfer to Hotel. Short briefing will be followed about necessary formalities and rest of the program. Depending on your arrival time you will have choice of visiting nearby sanctuaries or rest of the time free for leisure.
Day 2 : Sightseeing / Cultural Day In Kathmandu Valley
Half day sightseeing around Kathmandu, Patan city where you will have time to fascinating Buddhist and Hindu temples and shrines reflecting ancient local tradition are highlighted on my guided tour. There’s time to explore the city’s many charms on your own or take a rest while I finalize trekking area permits. In the evening delicious traditional Nepali well come dinner await for you. Q/N in Kathmandu.
Day 3 : Kathmandu – Trisuli Bazzar - Dhunche
Drive to Dhunche via Trisuli Bazaar by bus about 8 hours. Overnight in Dhunche.
Day 4 : Dhunche – Bharku - Syabrubesi
From Dhunche there is a decent to the Trisuli River, which is reached within half an hour. From the river bed there is a steep climb to Dovan. Right from here a track to Gosaikunda leaves the main trail to Rasuwa Ghari and the Lantang valley. From Dovan there is a gentle climb to Gharku village is reached. From Bharku, traversing up and down after crossing a suspension bridge over the Langtang River, the village of Syabrubesi is reached.
Day 5 : Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel
Today we will hike along the Langtang khola (river), consisting mainly of scrub oak, bottom of the high rocky mountains. From Bamboo lodge, where we have lunch, the ascent continues to steel suspension bridge at 2000m then still climbs along side a series of waterfalls and finally to we reached to Rimche. From here the trail descend gently to Lama Hotel, at 2380m. Stay over night.
Day 6 : Lama Hotel – Langtang Village
The trail traverses up and down through the forest and Ghoratabela is reached within 3 hours. From there, again a short climb for ½ hours will bring us to a pass to the right of where the Langtang valley begins.
Day 7 : Langtang Village – Kyanjin Ghompa
From Langtang there is a gentle ascent for 4 hrs to Kyangjing Gompa.
Day 8 : Kyanjin Ghompa - Rest Day
Day 9 : Kyanjin Ghompa – Ngenang
This is the first day from Kyanjin Gompa so we will not hike long. The Ngegang (4000) is the only last good place to camp where we will camp.
Day 11 : Ngenang – Keldang
Today the trail is steeply climb towards the pass at 5106m. After crossing the pass the route descends to a small stream at 4400m. Following the stream for few hours we reach at keldang (4,280m.) where we will stop for camp.
Day 10 : Keldang – Dukpu
This is a very long walking day toward the summer settlement of Dukpu ( 4080). Stay overnight here.
Day 11 : Dukpu – Tarke Gyang
From Dukpu thte trail descends along the ridge then climb to the pass. From here you can see the views of Dorje Lakpa and some peaks of Khumbu regions. Now we walk decent through the pine and rhododendron forests then finally we reach to Tarke Gyang village ( largest settlements of Tamang in Helambu.
Day 12 : Terek Gyang – Sermathang
From Terke Gyang we will walk on a gradual flat trail to attractive village of Gangjwal(2500m) where we will stop for lunch. After the lunch still the trail is quite easy, it continues at around the same altitude along the side of the ridge, crossing a number of streams in the heart of Helambu region. Then we reach at the edge of the large village of Sermathang (2620m). There are some old gompa and Langtang National Park Office. Stay overnight at Sermathang.
Day 13 : Sermathang – Melamche Bazzar
From Sermathang then the trail follows the ridges passing shorten and drop to the tiny pretty village of Kakani situated on the ridge. This is a wonderful place for splendid mountains views where we will stop for our lunch. From Kakani the trail traverse several picturesque small villages and drops to Melamchi Pul Bazaar about 3 hour where we can have lunch. Malamchi Bazaar has a collection of shops and teahouses and abundant lodges.
Day 14 : Melamche Bazzar – kathmandu
We drive to Kathmandu by vehicle about 4 hours on the Kodari road.
Cost Inclusions in Tea House & Tented Camp
- Airport transfers, welcome upon arrival and departure after completion of trips.
- Welcome dinner classic Nepali cousin place and farewell dinner
- Comfortable, private transportation as per itinerary
- Quality accommodation on lodge or tent as per itinerary
- 4 Star accommodations in Kathmandu with B/B Plan
- Western standard down jacket and sleeping bag for trek
- All meals and hot drinks on activity
- 1 government license Holder Trekking guide English Speaking as per itinerary
- One porter, each two member as per itinerary
- Trekking /climbing equipment for porters and guides
- Experienced and friendly trekking staffs
- Staffs insurance, well paid salary
- All permits such as National park, Trekking Permit, as per itinerary
- Rescue Arrangements off course not the rescue bills please!
- All necessary camping gear such as High quality tents, mattress, kitchen equipments, dinning table & chair etc
- Medical Kit Bag on every trip
Cost Exclusions in Tea House Trek
- International airfare to/from home city and international Airport departure taxes
- Domestic flights & domestic airport taxes as per itinerary
- Excess baggage charges
- Food and Accommodation while you are off the trip.
- Sightseeing and entrance fees Temple & monastery as per itinerary
- Climbing permits as per itinerary & Royalty for restricted area.
- Nepal entry visa costs (~$30.00) and visa extension fees (three days transit visa you will get free upon arrival)
- Travel, trek and expedition medical and evacuation insurance
- Emergency evacuation charges, if required
- Personal expenses (e.g. phone calls, laundry, alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, souvenirs, etc.)
- 13% VAT and 10% TSC Taxes
- Tips must be required for the staffs because this is the sign of the guest happiness at the end of the trip. It has been establish a custom say "Baksis" (collect between all the participants and reward each staffs through your hand directly)
- Any loss due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, road blockage due to landslide, etc the over come expenses need to take care trekkers themselves.
Items you should have for Normal treks
- Good walking boots- well broken in. Remember it is not a day walk
- A rucksack and a day bag
- Sun hat and sun block - very important to protect against sunburn, Sunglasses.
- Scarf and gloves - it can get very cold out of the sun.
- Iodine or purification tablets - for purifying water (bottled water is expensive and bad for the environment).
- Map and compass.
- Basic first aid kit - including headache tablets.
- Camera with sufficient film. Sleeping bag & jacket.
Above given is sample itinerary and are subject to change to suit your schedule. If you do not want all the activities listed in the package, we are always flexible to provide you the personalized package as per your schedule requirement.
Given prices will remain valid till 2018/2019 All itineraries as well as price are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation of this trip with us.
Individual booking is accepted.
Please consider that personal equipment is not included in given price.
Till today nothing latest update available for this trip
Trip Cost: $1149 per person
Fixed Departure Date 2018/2019 Feb: 4th 14th 19th 21st 27th March: 2nd 8th 11th 17th 24th April: 3rd 9th 18th 25th May: 3rd 6th 12th 18th 22nd Sept: 3rd 5th 9th 15th 17th 24th 28th Oct: 3rd 7th 12th 18th 17th 24th 28th
Nov: 4th 9th 20th 28th Dec: 5th 9th 15th and 21st
This trip is possible to tailor made holiday Click for Tailor made Holiday